- If the student is a dependent, then the veteran must transfer the benefit to their dependent.
- Student must then be admitted to Texas A&M University.
- Student completes the VA’s Application for Benefits (VONAPP) for the appropriate Chapter Benefit.
- Request to use VA Chapter Benefits for the first time at Texas A&M by doing the following. Students may begin submitting requests to apply for benefits for next Summer or next Fall on March 1st and for next Spring on October 1st.
- Log onto howdy.tamu.edu
- Select the My Finances tab
- Enter the Financial Aid Portal
- Select the appropriate Academic Year
- Select the Resources page
- Select Request Veterans’ Education Benefits and then answer the questions that follow.
- Select the Status page to view and upload the newly requested documents to the Veteran Services Office. Documents may also be faxed, mailed, or delivered in-person. For security reasons, our office cannot accept documents via email.
- Monitor the Status page of the Financial Aid Portal to confirm that each document is received and is complete.
- Typically, the Request for Certification for VA Chapter Benefits will be processed within 5-7 business days after the following has occurred. Benefit documentation for Fall may be received as early as March 1st, but benefit processing for Fall will not begin until July 1st (as Summer benefit processing will take priority from April through June).
- All required documentation has been received.
- The student has registered for all of their courses for the semester in question.
- VA Chapter Benefit payments for tuition and fees will apply to the student’s billing account after bills have been generated by Student Business Services for the semester in question.
Below are links to related information for students attending
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Notice: In an effort to protect your confidential and personally identifiable information (i.e. social security number, tax information), Scholarships & Financial Aid accepts documents submitted via document upload in the Financial Aid Portal, fax, postal mail, or in-person. Documents may not be submitted via email. Please include your UIN on all of the documents submitted.